Warehouse Safety Tips for Employers – Vehicle Safety Systems
Vehicle safety systems are paramount in todays RDC`s , as prominant suppliers and installers to warehouses and distribution facilities, we have a first hand gimpse of the common hazards which are present in a workplace.
Our impact preotection, signage, line marking and concrete repairs are all one big part of the safety system which is needed to operate.
Our experience has highlighted some common hazards which workplaces should manage.
In this blog we are going to take a look at vehicle safety systems.
Vehicle Safety Systems
Whether your workers drive forklifts or lift trucks, vehicle safety is essential to prevent impact or crush injuries.
In order to ensure vehicle safety, an employer should:
- Never allow staff to drive vehicles that they havent received practical training on. This can be enforced through staff contracts and signage.
- No one under the age of 18 should operate a forklift. This is a must and again this can be enforced through staff contracts and signage.
- Ensure workers maintain speed limits, Fastline can supply sign packages to remind them.
- Set up a one-way systems and plan routes so drivers can always see where they’re going. Routes and areas for travel can be marked out using internal and external line marking.
- Maximise visibility. Set up mirrors to aid the driver’s vision when manoeuvring around corners or reversing. Make sure people working on the warehouse floor know to look both ways when they leave an aisle. Mirrors and signage can all be supplied and installed by fastline Services Ltd.
- Keep aisles free of obstructions. This can be done by marking out designated loading and stock areas. Marking these out using internal line marking.
- Make sure staff know to follow good housekeeping practices. Tidy stations can be installed complete with all the relevent equipment needed to keep the vehicle working area free from obstruction and clean.
How Fastline Services can help!
Get in touch and we can offer full end to end solutions for improving and renewing your companies Vehicle safety systems.